- Mar307pm - 8pmMarch After Hours Lecture - BiosensorsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as Dr. Mike Unger explains how scientists at VIMS developed a biosensor that uses antibodies to detect oil spills and other threats in our waters.
- Apr57:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Tidal marsh restoration at Poplar IslandVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Learn how the loss of Poplar Island and its critical wildlife habitat has been reversed using clean, but nutrient rich, dredged material from the Port of Baltimore’s approach channels.
- Apr612pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Seminar by Jeremy Mathis canceled, to be rescheduled.
- Apr256pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: JellyfishVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn about different species of jellyfish found in the oceans and Chesapeake Bay, their role in the ecosystem, and how people have used them throughout history. Registration required. Click the title above for more information.
- Apr277pm - 8pmApril After Hours Lecture - The Pamunkey Indian TribeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as Kathryn MacCormick—tribal member, reservation resident, biologist, and teacher—shares key environmental issues facing the Pamunkey—the only federal Indian tribe in the state.
- May2010am - 3pmVIMS Marine Science DayVIMS - Watermen's HallVIMS' annual open house is a fun-filled event for the whole family.Show More...
- Jun136pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Living BeachesVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn more about the types of organisms commonly found on East Coast beaches during summer. Lab activities will include a beachcombing simulation where everyone will be able to find a shell or souvenir to bring home! Click the title above for more info.
- Jul186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Sport FishingVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Willy Goldsmith will explain how he tracks & monitors survival rates of open-ocean fishes such as tunas & billfishes after catch-and-release fishing + what his findings mean for recreational fisheries. Click the title for more info.
- Aug226pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)VIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Sarah Pease will discuss the HABs that occur in Chesapeake Bay during summer, and how these blooms impact humans and the environment. Registration required. Click the title above for more information.
- Oct176pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science. Registration Required. Click event title for more information.All events in October 2017
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science