- Jun77:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Old and Cold: Greenland shark and the people that study themVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Join Dr. Richard Brill as he discusses the Greenland shark, the longest-lived vertebrate known.
- Jun136pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Living BeachesVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn more about the types of organisms commonly found on East Coast beaches during summer. Lab activities will include a beachcombing simulation where everyone will be able to find a shell or souvenir to bring home!
- Jun297pm - 8pmJune After Hours Lecture - The Nunnally Ichthyology CollectionVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as collections manager Dr. Sarah Huber shares some of the most unusual specimens in the collection, along with preservation techniques.
- Jul186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Sport FishingVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Willy Goldsmith will explain how he tracks & monitors survival rates of open-ocean fishes such as tunas & billfishes after catch-and-release fishing + what his findings mean for recreational fisheries. Click the title for more info.
- Jul277pm - 8pmJuly After Hours Lecture - Virginia Game Fish Tagging ProgramVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS Marine Recreational Specialist Susanna Musick shares why this program is important to us all. You’ll also learn the “do’s and don’ts” for handling the fishes you release.
- Aug226pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)VIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Sarah Pease will discuss the HABs that occur in Chesapeake Bay during summer, and how these blooms impact humans and the environment. Registration required. Click the title above for more information.Show More...
- Oct176pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science. Registration Required. Click event title for more information.All events in October 2017
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science