[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Class: Creative Art Therapy with Sarah
Access & Features
In this virtual class, we will use a variety of at home art materials to explore feelings and work on relaxation. The focus will be on expressing ourselves and connecting with others while distanced. Each week we will have a new prompt to get the creative juices flowing.
Sarah Balascio is a registered board certified art therapist with a masters degree in education and in art therapy. She is an adjunct lecturer and facilitates groups at the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center here at William & Mary. She offers students the opportunity to express themselves through the arts in a supportive mindful environment. All students are welcome to attend any of the creative arts groups and no experience is necessary just a willingness to experiment!
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/97486054652
You can also access the Virtual Classes by downloading the W&M Wellness App.
ALL THE DETAILS:
Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like. The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the scheduled start time.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
- At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.