[PAST EVENT] Study Abroad 101 Beginner Workshop
January 25, 2018
LocationReves Center for International Studies, Global Education Office
200 S Boundary St
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Interested in studying abroad? The best way to begin exploring your program options is to attend a study abroad workshop. Workshops are held upstairs at the Reves Center in the Global Education Office (GEO), and in Swem Room 140.
No need to call ahead, just show up at one of the times listed. The workshops are usually 30 minutes and you are welcome to stay afterward and chat with the Peer Advisor who can help you begin your search for the perfect study abroad experience.
Study Abroad 101 Beginner Workshops (not required) are designed for students who want to study abroad but do not know how to choose a program or location. Sessions will:
- Show you how to utilize the resources in the Global Education Office
- Give you a Study Abroad Handbook and comparison chart
- Explain differences in types of programs
- Offer an opportunity to talk to a Peer Advisor who has studied abroad
- Explain timelines and important deadlines
- Provide scholarship and funding information