The Past, Present and Future of the Middle East: The James A. Bill Memorial Conference
The James A. Bill Memorial Conference honors the Reves Center's Founding Director and brings renowned scholars and experts from the fields of international relations, diplomacy, journalism and history to share insights and perspective on the Middle East.More...
- Mar2912:50pmJudge Katzmann on The Unmet Legal Needs of the Immigrant PoorLaw School, Room 124
Judge Robert Katzmann, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, will discuss immigrant access to legal representation.
- Mar294pm - 5pmA Forest Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (open to all)Student Recreation Center, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- Mar303:40pm - 5pmLecture by Prof Tomo Sasaki: "History, Unevenness, and Urban Space in Japanese Cinema: A Case Study"Washington Hall, Room 315Prof. Tomo Sasaki will lecture on Kawashima Yuzo’s film Suzaki Paradise Red Light (1956)--a film that reflects the transformation that Japan’s capitalism was experiencing in the post-war period--and examine how popular culture narrates historical events.
- Mar304pm - 5:30pmWMCI Distinguished Scholar Lecture: “Is China Socialist?” by renowned scholar Professor Barry NaughtonBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Join us on Thursday, March 30th from 4:00 to 5:30 in Blow Hall 201 for Professor Naughton's lecture.
- Mar304:30pm - 6:30pm"From the Vantage of the Victory: New Research on the Nike of Samothrace"Andrews Hall, Room 101
In this year's Brinkley Lecture, Professor Bonna Westcoat from Emory University sheds new light on the Nike of Samothrace. Free and open to the public.
- Mar3111:45am - 1pmThe Private World of Soviet Scientists from Stalin to GorbachevJames Blair Hall, Room 206
Global Studies invites you to a lunch and lecture with Dr. Maria Rogacheva "The Private World of Soviet Scientists from Stalin to Gorbachev"
Friday, March 31 12-1pm (lunch will be served at 11:45). Show More...
- Mar313pm - 6pmPride 2017Sunken Garden
Pride will be March 31, from 3-6pm in the Sunken Garden.
- Mar315:30pm - 7:30pmSecrets of the Ness of Brodgar, Nicholas Card Lecture and ReceptionMcGlothlin-Street Hall, 20 (use side entrance)
Lecture by Nick Card about a Neolithic Orkney World Heritage Site that is renown for some of the most iconic prehistoric monuments of Atlantic Europe, followed by a sumptuous reception.
- Mar316pm - 9pmA Celebration of Mason's Cultures!Alan B. Miller Hall, Brinkley Commons
ISA is celebrating our school diversity at the year's last cultural night! Please come dressed in your beautiful national costumes and be prepared for a lot of fun!
- Apr17pm - 8:30pmACS presents Reruns: '90s and '00s TV show based skits!Campus Center
Miss watching the Fresh Prince of Bel Air? The Proud Family? A Different World? Martin? No worries! Join us for a series of skits based on the popular '90s and '00s TV shows, with an African twist! Tickets will be $3 presale, $5 at the door.
- Apr310am-Apr612pm2017 Spring Break Chinese Culture CampRowe House
Let your kids have fun at WMCI from April 3rd to April 6th while learning Chinese arts and culture over Spring Break. Space is limited to 8 students!Show More...
- Apr412:50pmUS Trade Policies: Where We've Been, Where We Are Going and How To Get Back On TrackLaw School, RM 127
Human Security Law Center invites you to join us for former U.S. Ambassador to Belize, Vinai Thummalapally's talk on US Trade Policies: Where We've Been, Where We Are Going and How to Get Back On Track. Pizza will be served.
- Apr55:30pm - 7pmW&M Class of 2017: Introduction to Financial LiteracyAlan B. Miller Hall, Room 1088
William & Mary Student Assembly and the business school's Boehly Center for Excellence in Finance presents, "Importance of Financial Literacy" by Carl Tack.
- Apr78:30am - 5pmThe Past, Present and Future of the Middle East: The James A. Bill Memorial ConferenceSchool of Education, Dogwood Room
The James A. Bill Memorial Conference honors the Reves Center's Founding Director and brings renowned scholars and experts from the fields of international relations, diplomacy, journalism and history to share insights and perspective on the Middle East.
- Apr77:30pmAmernet String QuartetEwell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Pre-concert lecture at 6pm
- Apr87pm - 10pmChinese Karaoke!ISC1 (Integrated Science Center), Room 1221
Come sing your favorite songs in English and Chinese with WMCI!
- Apr102pm - 3pmThe Washington Home of the Philippine Suffrage MovementAndrews Hall, Room 101
“The Washington Home of the Philippine Suffrage Movement”
A lecture honoring the esteemed group of women Filipino suffragists and independence fighters
Monday, April 10
2:00 -3:00 PM
Andrews Hall, Room 101
- Apr105:30pmRethinking the Holocaust: Lecture by Professor Jeremy Black, University of ExeterTucker Hall, 127A
The Reves Center presents historian and author Jeremy Black for a lecture entitled Rethinking the Holocaust.
- Apr125pmCampus COLL 300 Presentation: "Inclusion and the University"Sadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
Emiko Soltis, Executive Director of Freedom University, and several Freedom University students give the third of three campus COLL 300 presentations scheduled for Spring 2017.
- Apr14All dayDEADLINE: Study Abroad Fall 2017 Scholarships and Non-W&M Study Abroad Program Application DeadlinesReves Center for International Studies
- Apr151pm - 5pmWorld Taiji and Qigong Day 2017Williamsburg Public Library, Stryker 127 & 128
The William & Mary Confucius Institute invites the greater Williamsburg community to explore ancient Chinese martial arts and health improvement techniques on World Taiji and Qigong Day.
- May25:10pm-May256:10pmChinese Level 1Rowe House
Join WMCI and begin learning Chinese today!
- May25:10pm-May256:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.All events in May 2017
- Mar2312pm-Apr142:59pmFUSE (Funding for Unpaid Summer Experience) Application
Have a great summer internship that is unpaid? Check out FUSE Funding to offset housing, transportation, food, and other costs of performing the internship! For more detailed information, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/FUSE-Information
|Calendar View List View Today|