[PAST EVENT] Red Cross Blood Drive - BloodMobile in Morton Parking Lot
LocationAlan B. Miller Hall (Business School), Morton Parking Lot
101 Ukrop Way
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Access & Features
- Open to the public
Please consider giving the gift of life by donating blood at our January 29th Red Cross Blood Drive hosted by the MBAA Community Service Committee at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business.
This blood drive will be run via a BloodMobile that will be parked in the Morton Parking Lot outside of Miller Hall and Morton Hall from 10 AM - 3 PM.
Sign up to register a donation spot online at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time and enter the WIlliamsburg zip code, 23185, to locate the blood drive at the "Mason School of Business William & Mary."
The American Red Cross has issued a critical need for blood donors of all blood types – especially type O – and platelet donors to help replenish the blood supply after the holiday weeks. Some information about the blood shortage:
- Right now, the Red Cross has less than a three-day supply of type O blood, while typically they stock a 5-6 day supply.
- Having enough type O blood on the shelves is important for ongoing patient care and emergencies.
- Type O positive is the most transfused blood type and can be transfused to Rh-positive patients of any blood type.
- Type O negative is the universal blood type and is what emergency room personnel reach for when there is no time to determine the blood type of patients in the most serious situations.
- There is a constant, often critical, need for platelets to keep up with hospital demand—since they must be transfused within just five days after donation.
- Platelets are tiny cells in the blood that form clots and stop bleeding. They play a direct role in helping patients kick cancer and recover from illnesses and injuries.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and caring!
If you personally are unable to donate or attend, please consider spreading the word so we can reach as many people as possible.
[[e|acko01, Amanda Ko]]