[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Class: Women's Creativity Group for Fac/Staff with Sarah
This virtual group provides a casual atmosphere where you can drop-in and step away from work during lunchtime to explore and reflect on topics related to women, careers, and work-life balance in a supportive and uplifting environment. Participants will have an opportunity to explore a variety of art materials with some guidance from a creative arts therapist. No art-making experience is necessary, just a willingness to notice how good it feels to step away from work for a bit!
Sarah Balascio is a registered board-certified art therapist with a master's degree in education and in art therapy. She is an adjunct lecturer and facilitates groups at the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center here at William & Mary. She offers the W&M community the opportunity to express themselves through the arts in a supportive mindful environment. All students are welcome to attend any of the creative arts groups and no experience is necessary just a willingness to experiment!
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/94548934413
You can also access the Virtual Classes by downloading the W&M Wellness App.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like. The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the scheduled start time.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.