[PAST EVENT] W&M Online Networking Hour
Access & Features
Connect with fellow members of the W&M community from all over the world to share your experiences, exchange career tips and build your professional network!
It's free, it's for only an hour and it's fun!
How it Works:
Online networking enables you to speed-network no matter where you are in the world. You can sign in from your home, office, local library, smartphone or tablet. The chats are text-based and timed, allowing you to make connections, exchange contact information, and end the hour with several new connections you didn't have before. A transcript of your conversations will be saved for you to access after each event, so you can look back at your chat history, review your notes, gather contact information and follow up!
While registering for the event, you will be asked to answer a few questions, including:
- What types of experiences, skills, expertise, or connections can you share?
- What types of connections, information or resources are you hoping to gain from this event?
When you enter the live event, you will be able to pick an industry cluster that you would like to network with (You are welcome to visit more than one industry cluster during the event.).
- Arts, Media, and Communications
- Business and Economics
- Education, Training, and Social Services
- Health Sciences, Nursing, Medicine, and Public Health
- Public Policy, Government, Law, and International Development & Affairs
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
From there, you will be randomly paired for several eight-minute text-based chats that will allow you to make a connection, exchange contact information and build your W&M network. After the event, be sure to add your new contacts to your network by adding them to your LinkedIn connections or following up via email.
We look forward to having you join us for this unique opportunity to connect with the W&M community around the world.
Michael Steelman | firstname.lastname@example.org