[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Class: Creative Art Therapy with Sarah
July 8 Topic: Drawing
Come prepared for the Zoom session with paper and something to write with!
Using a variety of art materials we will explore feelings and work on relaxation guided by a board-certified art therapist. The focus will be on expressing ourselves and connecting with others. Each week we will have a new prompt to get the creative juices flowing. No art experience necessary!
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/92760386468
Sarah Balascio is a registered board-certified art therapist with a master's degree in education and in art therapy. She is an adjunct lecturer and facilitates groups at the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center here at William & Mary. She offers students the opportunity to express themselves through the arts in a supportive mindful environment. All students are welcome to attend any of the creative arts groups and no experience is necessary just a willingness to experiment!
Upcoming Art Therapy Topics:
July 1: Fiber Arts (Bring yarn for weaving)
You don't have to have the Zoom app, but we encourage you to download it. W&M students, faculty and staff members all have access to Zoom Pro, search ZOOM here for more information.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like. The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the scheduled start time.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.