[PAST EVENT] In-Person FitWell Class: Outdoor Yin Yoga+Meditation with Patti
LocationMartha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka
121 Ukrop Way
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Access & Features
Yin practice targets the deeper connective tissue with the aim of increasing circulation and improving overall flexibility. Poses are held for 3-5 minutes to allow time to settle into deep stretches for meditative practice. This is a great practice for beginners and athletes as it aims at cultivating inner awareness. This is then followed by an extended meditation at the end. Registration opens 48 hours in advance.
All the details:
- This is an in-person exercise class for on-campus students only.
- The class will be held outside on the stage of the Martha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka. Participants should dress for the weather and are advised to bring a mat or towel for core/stretching exercises. The class will happen rain or shine, but may be cancelled in case of thunder and lightning. Participants will be notified by 30 minutes before the class start time if the class is cancelled.
- Participants should pre-register for this class online. Participants can also register through the W&M Wellness app.
- All participants are required to wear a mask throughout the class and maintain social distancing of 10 feet (spaces are marked on the stage).
- Participants should bring a mat or towel, or can purchase a mat online for $10. Participants who purchase a mat online before the class can show their email receipt to the staff member before the class and pick up their yoga mat.
- Participants should arrive at least 5 minutes in advance and check-in at the registration desk to the bottom left of the stage.