[PAST EVENT] In-Person FitWell Class: Outdoor GYROKINESIS® with Maz
LocationMartha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka
121 Ukrop Way
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Access & Features
The GYROKINESIS® Method is a movement system that enables individuals to gain more awareness of their body in space. This allows for increased freedom of movement through guidance in a series of exercises. These exercises use elements of breath, increasing blood flow in the body and attention to the posture of one's body. This class will serve as an introduction to GYROKINESIS® movement, with no prior experience required. Equipment required is a chair or stool with no wheels, on which you can sit on with planted feet. Maz is a certified GYROKINESIS® apprentice and has been practicing GYROTONIC® and GYROKINESIS® for 5 years. Her professional dance background introduced her to the GYROKINESIS® method to gain a deeper understanding of her body, and build strength. At William & Mary, Maz is continuing her ongoing exploration of the human body with a degree in Kinesiology & Health Sciences.
All the details:
- Participants will be placed 10 ft. apart on the stage of the Martha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka. Please arrive 5 minutes early for check-in.
- Participants should dress for the weather and are advised to bring a mat or towel for core/stretching exercises. The class will happen rain or shine, but may be cancelled in case of thunder and lightning. Participants will be notified by 30 minutes before the class start time if the class is cancelled.
- Participants should pre-register for this class online. Registration opens online 48 hours in advance. Participants can also register through the W&M Wellness app.
- Masks are required throughout the class. Participants are advised to bring an extra mask, water bottle and hand towel.
- This class is 45 minutes long, but listed as 50 minutes in order to make time for the instructor's announcements at the beginning.