[PAST EVENT] In-Person FitWell Class: Outdoor Vinyasa Yoga with Cindy
LocationMartha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka
121 Ukrop Way
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Access & Features
Join us for an Outdoor Vinyasa Yoga class at the Martha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka! Vinyasa flow focuses on linking traditional postures to the breath to build internal heat. This class promotes flexibility, muscular strength, and muscular endurance. This class is open to all fitness and experience levels. Cindy received her 200 RYT credential in Hatha and Vinyasa yoga, and also had the privilege of one-on-one training with Q. Reynolds to attain her 300 RYT credential. Cindy then went on to acquire her 300 Yoga Therapy designation through Inner Peace Yoga Therapy. Cindy has over 5,000 hours of teaching experience as a yoga educator and yoga therapist.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- This is an in-person exercise class for on-campus students only.
- The class will be held outside on the stage of the Martha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre. Participants should dress for the weather and are advised to bring a mat or towel for core/stretching exercises. The class will happen rain or shine, but may be cancelled in case of thunder and lightning. Participants will be notified by 30 minutes before the class start time if the class is cancelled.
- Participants should pre-register for this class online. Registration opens 48 hours in advance. Participants can also register through the W&M Wellness app.
- All participants are required to wear a mask throughout the class and maintain social distancing of 10 feet (spaces are marked on the stage).
- Participants should bring a mat or towel, or can purchase a mat online for $15. Participants who purchase a mat online before the class can show their email receipt to the staff member before the class and pick up their yoga mat.
- Participants should arrive at least 5 minutes in advance and check-in at the registration desk to the bottom left of the stage.