[PAST EVENT] Info Session: Accelerated Master of Public Policy (BA/MPP)?Open to ALL undergraduate majors
Access & Features
Consider the BA/MPP program and get your Master of Public Policy by adding just 1 year to your W&M bachelor?s degree! Graduates gain marketable analysis skills & work in nonprofits, government, private sector, and more. Open to ALL undergraduate majors.
Graduate Program Director, Professor Elaine McBeth, & Director of Admissions, Sarah Fowkes, will review academic preparation, application requirements & deadlines, program curriculum, and answer all your questions.
Get details on the Accelerated Master of Public Policy program by using the More Information button below.
Basic Program Information:
Current William & Mary undergraduates are able to earn a bachelor?s and Master of Public Policy in a total of 5 years of coursework through the Accelerated program.
To be eligible:
- Apply junior year
- Must have done well in any Public Policy, Economics, and/or Government classes completed
- Must have earned at least 90 undergraduate credits with a 3.0 overall GPA (or a 3.3 junior year) and a 3.3 in their major by the end of the spring semester
- Will undertake a collaborative research project with a faculty supervisor or a policy relevant internship in the summer following junior year
Financial assistance available in the form of tuition waivers and reductions plus opportunities for research assistantships during the fifth year of the program.
- Personal statement
- Current transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 250-word summary of the proposed summer research project or planned internship
- A proposed class schedule for the fourth year (details online)
Apply junior year by February 1!
Admissions decision by March 15.
Sarah Fowkes, Director of Admissions?Public Policy, [[w|sefowk]]