[PAST EVENT] 2 Hour Job Search Workshop
LocationAlan B. Miller Hall (Business School), Room 1005
101 Ukrop Way
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Applying to job postings, attending job fairs, networking with professionals and trying to manage an internship or full-time job search while in graduate school can be overwhelming. But, with the right plan and strategy in place, you can minimize your anxiety and maximize your chances of getting more interviews.
The job search strategy called ?The 2-Hour Job Search,? developed by Steven Dalton, was designed with the graduate student in mind. Join me this Saturday, February 4, for a ?2-Hour Job Search? workshop designed to jump start your spring job search.
In this workshop, together we will:
1. Develop a list of target companies using the LAMP method
2. Review LinkedIn strategies for identifying William & Mary alumni at your target companies
3. Learn the 3 types of alumni and how they can benefit you (or not)
4. Write a customized ?5-Point? email to maximize alumni response rates
5. Identify best practices for conducting informational interviews to promote alumni advocacy on your behalf
6. Determine a follow-up strategy using the ?3B7? method with alumni contacts
Target Audience: All job seeking graduate business students
Colleen Lynch, Career Services Recruitment Specialist 757-221-7887 or email@example.com