[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Series: Intro to Wellness
Access & Features
Join four of William & Mary’s Wellness Professionals in this 4-part series that will introduce students to wellness offerings at William & Mary. The Eight Dimensions of Wellness will be woven through the series, as a common thread that integrates all of our wellness programs. Participants are asked to attend all four sessions virtually.
This four-week series will take place on Thursday's from February 11 - March 4 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm.
Intro to Mindfulness/Meditation (Feb. 11)
In this class, participants will briefly explore mindfulness through the lens of its value with regulating the nervous system. Additionally, informal practices that can be done in very short amounts of time to reset will be offered as well as guidance on establishing a more formal mindfulness meditation practice. Led by Martha Rouleau, Adjunct Lecturer Mindfulness Meditation.
Intro to the 8 Limbs of Yoga (Feb. 18)
In this session we will look at the Limbs of Yoga and find ways we can weave them into our Eight Dimensions of Wellness in order to create an environment where we can flourish and thrive. Led by Patti DeBlass, Certified Yoga Therapist.
Intro to Art Therapy (Feb. 25)
Are you curious about how art is healing or can keep you well? In this Introduction to Art Therapy you will learn the basics of using art as a tool for self-expression, mindfulness, and stress management through experiential learning. No prior art experience is necessary, just a willingness to experiment. Please bring with you any art materials you may have or just paper and pencil. Led by Sarah Balascio, Certified Art Therapist.
Intro to Intention-Setting (March 4)
Explore the power of intentions while brainstorming and crafting your own word or phrase to guide you in your wellness goals this semester. Led by Jenny Call, Health Coach.
All the Details:
- This is a four week series so registration to this course is a COMMITMENT!
- As a reminder, check your program details email for the link that will connect you to this workshop.
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like. The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the scheduled start time.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class.
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.