[PAST EVENT] Email Etiquette
LocationJones Hall, 203 Jones Hall (computer lab)
200 Ukrop Way
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Access & Features
In today’s world, email has become a very valuable tool used in the workplace. The biggest concerns when using this technology however, are:
1. There’s just too much of it.
2. Too many of the messages sent have little or no value.
3. The content is simply not audience focused.
This hands-on program is designed to provide employees with the proper skill set to use email more effectively. Through understanding formatting techniques, content creation, and proper protocol, participants will learn, 1. The differences between direct and indirect communication styles
2. Appropriate vs. non-appropriate communications
3. The importance of "tone" as it pertains to reader perception
4. How to identify and avoid using questionable content,
5. How to follow proper email formatting,
6. Audience specific writing
7. Considerations related to the chain of command when sending emails and disclosing information.
Register via Cornerstone
1. Go to: http://cornerstone.wm.edu
2. Sign in
3. Search: TNCC - Email Etiquette
4. Click on the link and select the session you would like to attend
[[mepada, Mane Pada]]