[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Class: Art Journaling with Sarah
Creative Art Therapy Pop-Up: Art Journaling
Come prepared for the Zoom session with a journal and your favorite medium (markers, watercolor, collage, etc.)!
Take a make great to create a visual diary through a therapeutic process that combines art-making and writing. Participants will need a journal and whichever mediums they enjoy creating with: collage, markers, watercolor, etc.
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/94299313120
Sarah Balascio is a registered board-certified art therapist with a master's degree in education and in art therapy. She is an adjunct lecturer and facilitates groups at the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center here at William & Mary. She offers students the opportunity to express themselves through the arts in a supportive mindful environment. All students are welcome to attend any of the creative arts groups and no experience is necessary just a willingness to experiment!
Upcoming Art Therapy Topics:
You don't have to have the Zoom app, but we encourage you to download it. W&M students, faculty and staff members all have access to Zoom Pro, search ZOOM here for more information.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like. The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the scheduled start time.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.