[PAST EVENT] Graduate & Honors Research Symposium
LocationSadler Center, Chesapeake, Tidewater, James, & York Rooms
200 Stadium Dr
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Access & Features
- Open to the public
About the Symposium
The Graduate & Honors Research Symposium is hosted by the Arts & Sciences Graduate Center and the Charles Center for Academic Excellence. It is a distinctive educational and networking event that encourages exchange between disciplines and brings together students from William & Mary and other universities from around the region. The Symposium, which began as the Graduate Research Symposium, is one of only a few graduate-focused research conferences that is broadly themed and therefore designed to bring together graduate students from differing areas of study and from all stages of the degree process.
Beginning in 2023, the Symposium will welcome W&M undergraduate Honors students in partnership with the Charles Center. The Symposium was last held in person in 2019; it featured more than 140 poster and panel presentations by graduate students representing all eleven W&M Graduate Arts & Sciences programs plus fourteen regional institutions.
We hope you'll join us! We ask attendees to RSVP using this form. (Presenters must register using the Presenter RSVP Form. See the GHRS website.)
Schedule of Events
Thursday, March 30
- Research Talks, 9:30-11:45 a.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Lunch break, 12:00-1:15 p.m.
- Research Talks, 1:30-4:30 p.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- 3MT Competition, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 31
- Research Talks, 9:00-11:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Awards Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. RSVP Required.
- Research Talks, 1:30-3:45 p.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Honors ePoster Sessions, 1:30-3:45 p.m.
- Poster Session & Networking Reception, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The full schedule will be published online along with presentation abstracts in early March.
[[sgglos,Sarah Glosson, A&S Graduate Center]]