[PAST EVENT] EARTH WEEK Virtual FitWell Class: Qigong with Stan
Enjoy a special edition of Earth Week Qigong Live on Zoom!
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/138592097
Similar to yoga, qigong is a moving meditation for relaxing and improving balance in all parts of your life. You only need to wear clothes that are loose enough to easily move in and flat shoes or bare feet. You don't need anything else. Stan did his undergraduate work at William & Mary majoring in psychology and philosophy and also has two graduate degrees from William & Mary. He currently teaches a wellness app course in taijiquan and qigong which includes an overview of Classical Chinese philosophy as well as how it relates to modern science. He has been studying taijiquan and qigong since 2000 and has been teaching since 2012. He recently retired from the counseling field.
You don't have to have the Zoom app, but we encourage you to download it. W&M students, faculty and staff members all have access to Zoom Pro, search ZOOM here for more information.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like. The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the scheduled start time.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.