[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Class: Ecotherapy Workshop: Finding Peace & Comfort with Nature with Dorothy Ibes
In this session, Dorothy Ibes, William & Mary faculty member and certified ecotherapy guide will lead participants in a series of ecotherapy exercises designed to bring you into the present moment, foster a calm and relaxed state of mind, and deepen your relationship with yourself and the natural world. If possible, connect to the session outside, on your phone or another smaller device. Instructions will be provided to complete the exercises indoors as well. Please bring to the session a natural item you can hold in your hand (rock, flower, pine cone, fossil, shell, etc.). To learn more about Dr. Ibes's work and the Parks Research Lab, visit ParksResearchLab.com
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/757861272?pwd=YTBtQkJoUnAvbllHNnZvRG5aK1lEZz09
You don't have to have the Zoom app, but we encourage you to download it. W&M students, faculty and staff members all have access to Zoom Pro, search ZOOM here for more information.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like. The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the scheduled start time.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.