[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Class: Yoga Art Therapy
Combine the therapeutic benefits of yoga and art in this one-time virtual class offered through the MTWC. We will work from a theme and spend half of our time doing yoga and the other half creating reflective art. No art or yoga experience necessary just a willingness to experiment!
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/97582696882
Sarah Balascio is a registered board-certified art therapist with a master's degree in education and in art therapy. She is an adjunct lecturer and facilitates groups at the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center here at William & Mary. She offers students the opportunity to express themselves through the arts in a supportive mindful environment. All students are welcome to attend any of the creative arts groups and no experience is necessary just a willingness to experiment!
Cindy received her 200 RYT credential in Hatha and Vinyasa yoga, and also had the privilege of one-on-one training with Q. Reynolds to attain her 300 RYT credential. Cindy then went on to acquire her 300 Yoga Therapy designation through Inner Peace Yoga Therapy. Cindy has over 5,000 hours of teaching experience as a yoga educator and yoga therapist.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like.
- The instructor will continue adding people to the class until the start time.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class .
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.