Graduate & Honors Research Symposium
LocationSadler Center, Chesapeake, Tidewater, James, & York Rooms
200 Stadium Dr
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Access & Features
- Open to the public
About the Symposium
The Graduate & Honors Research Symposium is hosted by the Arts & Sciences Graduate Center and the Charles Center for Academic Excellence. The Symposium encourages exchange between disciplines and brings together students from William & Mary and other universities from around the region. This event, which began as the Graduate Research Symposium, is one of only a few graduate-focused research conferences that is broadly themed and therefore designed to bring together graduate students from differing areas of study and from all stages of the degree process.
The Symposium now welcomes W&M undergraduate Honors students in partnership with the Charles Center. In 2023 the Symposium featured more than 170 poster and panel presentations by graduate and honors students from W&M, plus students from regional institutions.
We hope you'll join us! Free and open to the public.
*Presenters must register using the Presenter RSVP Form. See the GHRS website.
Tentative Schedule of Events
Thursday, March 21
- Research Talks, 9:30-11:45 a.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Lunch break, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Research Talks, 1:00-4:30 p.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
Friday, March 22
- Research Talks, 9:00-11:15 a.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Lunch break, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Research Talks and Honors ePoster Sessions , 11:30-4:00 p.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Poster Session & Networking Reception, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The full schedule will be published online along with presentation abstracts in early March.
[[sgglos,Sarah Glosson, A&S Graduate Center]]