[PAST EVENT] Virtual FitWell Class: Meditation with Dr. Warren Buck
Dr. Warren W. Buck III is currently serving as Special Adviser for Equity in the 21st Century and an Adjunct Professor of Physics. He began his experience at W&M during the civil rights era where he earned his first of three degrees. Now he shares with us a guided meditation practice based upon his own vast experience. He has a regular daily meditation practice and wants you to join him in cultivating ease and calm. On the first Wednesday of each month, an extended 30-minute meditation session is offered.
The class will be available via this link: https://cwm.zoom.us/j/95015994802
You don't have to have the Zoom app, but we encourage you to download it. W&M students, faculty and staff members all have access to Zoom Pro, search ZOOM here for more information.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Participants should join the class 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- When you join, you'll be put in a waiting room until the instructor adds you to the class. There will be time before the class to chat with other patrons or the instructor, if you'd like.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all patrons and begin recording. The recording is ONLY of the instructor, NOT of any patrons or any patron's names. We are recording to build our virtual Health & Wellness class options, available anytime on YouTube.
- If you have a question or are having difficulties during the class then you can utilize the chat feature to privately message the instructor or the class
- At the end of class, the instructor will stop the recording and unmute you so you can ask questions or chat.
At this time we are aiming for AWESOME, NOT PERFECT! Please be patient with your instructor as we adapt to this new platform for classes.